Vice President, Enterprise Information Systems
Summary of Job Purpose and Function
The VP of Enterprise Information Systems will work in partnership with the business to build a strategy and roadmap that will support future growth of Banfield and provide customer value while improving profitability, cost effectiveness, quality, functionality, maintability and extensibility.
This individual will e stablish the IT vision, strategic roadmaps and lead all aspects of corporate applications, infrastructure and technology support.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Lead strategic planning to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing development initiatives and setting timetables for the evaluation, development, and deployment of all solutions.
- As a key leader in IT, help establish the IT vision, strategic roadmaps and drive execution of strategies.
- Develop and manage teams responsible for corporate applications and infrastructure used by the practice and the larger VHG organization.
- Partner with the cyber security team and app development teams to proactively reduce the technological risks in the environment.
- Work in partnership with other functional leaders - such as Marketing, Veterinary and Operations - as an advisor of technologies that may improve efficiency and associate engagement.
- Evaluate, identify and support the underlying technologies, including corporate applications and technology stack, both on-premise and the cloud
- Build world class talent to drive cultural adoption of leading practices, methodologies and technologies. (i.e., development operations, innovation).
- Conduct research and case studies on leading edge technologies and make determinations on adaption and implementation.
- Establish and enforce governance process.
- Communicate the company's technology strategy to senior management, associates at all levels of leadership and external partners.
- Identify technology trends and evolving social behavior that may impede the success of the business.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training
- Bachelor's Degree required, in Business or Computer Science fields, MBA Preferred.
- 15 years of experience required, progressive IT experience in a leadership role including business process modeling, logical and physical architectures and design.
- ERP/CRM and Custom Application Development experience required.
- Enterprise Architecture and product life cycle planning experience required.
- Agile, requirements analysis, software engineering, quality assurance, middleware databases and production support required.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color,
Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Back to top