Commitment beyond qualifications
Being a veterinary technician requires much more than AVMA certified credentials. It means bringing your talents, skills, dedication, and a desire for developing alongside your peers. But, most importantly, it means showing up each day with a passion for pets and working with others who believe preventive care is the key to helping pets achieve long and healthy lives.
As we do with all our associates, we look to our vet techs to adopt our Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. And, while your on-paper qualifications are of course important, we actively seek out vet techs who thrive on delivering outstanding client and pet experiences.
Your wellbeing matters.
We know that your real passion for pet well-being is why you chose this profession. At Banfield, we believe it is just as important to support the well-being of those who devote their lives to this cause. Through our extensive network and support structure, Banfield offers a wide array of benefits and programs, empowering you to focus on yourself and your family, as you care for pets and clients
As a Banfield vet tech, we want you to take full advantage of work and play through:
- Competitive salary with paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits for you and eligible dependents
- Automatic enrollment in 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of employment
- Health Savings Account with annual practice-paid funding of $750 to supplement health care expenses
- Automatic enrollment in 100% practice paid short- and long-term disability after 60 days of employment - includes maternity leave
- Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs) for up to three pets
- A variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin, fitness, cellular, and so much more
Whether you are a newly certified or an experienced vet tech, a job at Banfield opens the door to exploring the next best move in your career. We are committed to helping you grow as a vet tech by providing:
- Performance Development Plans (PDP) designed to help you define and achieve your career goals
- Practice-paid continuing education opportunities along with the opportunity to attend partner conferences
- Free membership to NAVTA, practice-paid subscription to VetFolio, and a 50% discount for VetGirl
- Opportunities to lend your skills to the local communities where you live and serve
- Ability to grow into leadership roles at the field and practice level
We've created a structure that includes leadership and support at the hospital level, in the field, and at our headquarters, all with one goal in mind: helping you deliver quality care for all pets.
Commitment to community wellness
Through volunteering efforts, and our programs designed to benefit local shelters and rescues, we strengthen the pet-human connections in our communities. Discover how we support the wellbeing of our people and profession through the Mars Volunteer Program (MVP).
So, what are you waiting for?
Make your move and apply today!
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. Banfield Pet Hospital follows all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.