Veterinary Practice Manager (Store Manager)
Veterinary Practice Manager Careers at Banfield Pet Hospital
Banfield Pet Hospital is now looking for a Practice Manager to join our team in the Greater Seattle Area. The Practice Manager will play a pivotal role in the hospital by driving business results, developing associates, fostering an engaging team environment and ensuring that clients and patients have a positive experience when visiting the hospital.
The Practice Manager Will:
- Direct, lead and mentor staff
- Educate clients on Banfield's guidelines and best practices, including Optimum Wellness Plans®, preventive care, pet health needs and hospital services
- Budget and plan for the entire hospital
- Schedule associates, coordinate time off and manage continuing education
- Interview and hire qualified candidates to join the hospital
Benefits of the Practice Manager:
- Competitive pay and paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance for you and your eligible dependents
- Health benefits and life insurance available for domestic partners and their children
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with annual $750 practice funding
- Automatic enrollment in the Banfield 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with practice- matching
- Free enrollment into the Banfield Optimum Wellness Plan® for up to three pets
- For a full list of benefits, take a look at the following link: http://www.banfield.com/benefits
Desired Skills and Experience
Preferred Qualifications of the Practice Manager:
- 3 years of people management experience in health care, pet care, retail, service, or a related industry
- Direct experience with budgeting, including profit and loss experience, along with experience in association development
The Practice Manager Will Need an Educational Background Of:
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field OR the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
A Day in the Life of a Banfield Practice Manager
The position of Practice Manager requires a fair amount of versatility. Duties involve everything from interviewing, hiring and developing associates, to evaluating the hospital's processes, progress and productivity. Our Practice Managers also train associates on how to educate clients about our Optimum Wellness Plans®, preventive care, pet health needs and hospital services. You will also be responsible for:
- Educating associates on Banfield guidelines/practices
- Budgeting and planning for the hospital
- Dealing with daily operations
- Scheduling associates, coordinating time off and managing continuing education needs
Commitment Beyond Qualifications
The foundation of our culture and approach to business is known as The Five Principles. They include Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. These are special values we all share at Banfield and hope to integrate into our daily decisions and processes at work. Additionally, our Practice Managers have:
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- A knack for problem solving
- Conflict management experience
- Leadership and analytical know-how
Caring for Those Who Care: Benefits for a Banfield Practice Manager
We have the resources and programs to help you stay fit, ensure the wellness of your family and pets, and offer a workplace where your professional development is important too.
Personal Health, Savings, and Wellness Benefits
We offer a competitive benefits package with components such as 401(k) participation, paid time off and Optimum Wellness Plans for your pets. In addition, medical, vision, dental, life and disability insurance is offered to associates (based on eligibility).
Potential as Big as Your Passion
We help our Practice Managers take charge of their professional development with the continuing education you'll want to excel in your career. We also offer a collection of programs geared toward improving competencies by providing:
- Connections to learning experiences
- Networking opportunities
- Ways to give back to your community through volunteerism
A Support Structure That Helps You Thrive
As a practice manager you, along with the Chief of Staff, will serve as the leaders within the hospital, but you'll have the support of field leaders, medical leaders and our corporate headquarters behind you to help you excel. Our collaborative team environment helps us inspire the delivery of pet health care in hospitals, communities and the veterinary medicine field in general.
Start your Banfield Career as a Practice Manager
Learn more about the impact you can make as part of a Banfield hospital team and see how we support the wellness of our people and profession.
View the official job description or if you're ready to make your move, apply today!
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top