Temporary Coordinator Payroll
The primary purpose and function of the Coordinator, Payroll is to assist with the processing of bi-weekly payroll.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Process payroll data and tax setup including multi state, localities, and school districts
- Audit time and attendance for all associates prior to final payroll transmittal.
- Process terminated associates final pay and all manual checks as requested.
- Distribute payroll checks via UPS delivery to all hospitals.
- Respond to all payroll inquiries from associates and other agencies.
- Maintain client confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in (indicate preferred discipline) preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- One to two years of relevant professional experience with data entry and an understanding of payroll laws.
- Experience with Ceridian products for Payroll and Time and Attendance required.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top