Temporary Client Service Coordinator - CTS
The Client Service Coordinator (CSC) – CTS is the first point of contact for clients, associates, and general public. The position is responsible for answering and routing incoming phone calls into Banfield Central Team Support, and and providing security and surveillance support. The CSC is part of the team that provides the first impression of Banfield and our culture and is responsible for providing exceptional “concierge like” service.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Answer incoming calls, transferring to appropriate team.
- Take messages (hard copy or e-mail) putting into CTS mailboxes when necessary.
- Greet visitors, log and issue visitor pass, and contact CTS sponsor.
- Create and issue identification badges and key cards.
- Sign for deliveries (UPS, FedEx, Airborne, etc) and advise mailroom of deliveries for distribution.
- Ensure welcome area is clean and orderly.
- Maintain coffee stations, placing coffee orders when necessary.
- Assist with sales transactions for the Banfield Practice Store.
- Provide first line client recovery support for customers and hospitals staff.
- Assist in maintaining hospital mailing labels.
- Assist with creating reports (Excel, Word, etc. format) as requested.
- Assist in maintaining accurate CTS extension lists.
- Assist with dog park application process, scheduling assessment classes.
- Cross train in mail room to serve as backup when needed.
- Monitor Dog Park and parking areas.
- Collaborate with facilities and administrative teams.
- Provide security support, monitoring badges and surveillance cameras, contacting security when issues arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge of basic clerical functions and processes is required.
- A minimum of one year of relevant professional office experience is required.
- Spanish fluency preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top