Systems Engineer, Desktop Services
- Vancouver, WA
Summary and Qualifications:
The Systems Engineer, Desktop Services position will provide Banfield with stable application platforms, timely delivery of software, tools and processes needed to support the end-user computing environment.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues (Third Level Support).
- Participate in business-driven projects as a spokesperson for IT, representing IT needs and capacities; assisting in setting Practice direction on IT solutions with key stakeholders.
- Document implementation and installation guidelines.
- Execute, document and maintain desktop security standards per IT security policies.
- Build, review and test deployment updates through System Center Configuration Manager.
- Build and maintain images for all end user devices in the Practice (laptops, desktops, mobile devices, etc.).
- Package end user software applications for deployment via SCCM; design and implement end-user computing environments using latest technologies; execute plans and implement technical infrastructure projects to refresh supported end user systems; patching, monitoring, compliance and remediation for end user systems.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or related discipline is required.
- Four years of experience in computer technology with Microsoft Windows Servers and Desktop Operating Systems required with MCSE is preferred.
- Experience working in a large distributed environment is required.
- Experience administering systems, i.e. Control-M and ECM is preferred.
- Ability to provide after-hours support on an on-call rotation schedule is required.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Back to top