The primary purpose and function of the Staff Accountant is to analyze, reconcile and ensure accuracy of the Hospital P&L statements providing support to them in understanding their P&L. This position will assist the Accounting Team with the month-end close and year end close processes, year-end audit and various regular and special projects as needed.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Analyze the following:
- Hospital P&L statements and reconcile, as necessary.
- Central Team Support cost center P&Ls reconciling as necessary.
- Revenue for hospital Wellness Plans, making timely and accurate adjustments to hospital P&L’s.
- Interpret and apply GAAP policy and procedure to transactions, recording transactions accurately.
- Assist with the month-end and year-end close of the general ledger.
- Prepare journal entries for both recurring and non-recurring entries for the month-end close of the general ledger.
- Deliver exceptional service to internal and external customers of the Finance Team.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant Accounting experience with strong working knowledge of accounting processes.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top