Sr. Project Manager, Project Management Office
The primary purpose and function of the Senior Project Manager, Project Management Office is to directly manage enterprise projects and programs. This position is directly responsible for directing cross functional projects and program work, impacting and driving the execution of the enterprise strategy. The Senior Project Manager will oversee all parts of the project lifecycle – from project planning through to execution and post-project evaluation.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Ensure enterprise projects and programs effectively deliver on the enterprise strategic goals.
- Assist with establishing and implementing a dynamic feedback process to drive project/program management improvements and ensure efficiencies on the execution of enterprise strategies.
- Provide project/program management oversight, training and improvements through the application of change management, continuous improvement, implementation, influencing and communication methodologies.
- Manage all aspects of projects/programs while developing project/program proposal documentation which includes:
- Managing and tracking the direction of the project/program, resulting in the successful delivery of materials, milestones and deliverables related to projects/programs.
- Ensure identification, logging and resolution of project/program challenges and conflicts, assessing their impact and elevating to key stakeholders and leadership to guarantee project/program deliverables are met.
- Provide regular project/program status reports to sponsors, leaders and other key stakeholders including core team members, resource team members, key cross functional leadership, etc.
- Continuously identify project/program risk through assessment and risk reduction/mitigation plans to ensure team members are driving towards mitigation of risks.
- Validate that tracking and effective metrics are in place to ensure program/project effectiveness, making appropriate recommendations based on results.
- Drive other functional project/program managers to accomplish project/program objectives.
- Build and maintain positive cross functional relationships with hospital, field and CTS associates and teams to efficiently deliver high quality products.
- Plan, create and/or facilitate presentations to associates regarding implementing project management best practices.
- Consult with all levels of leadership regarding the management of resources and prioritization of work to ensure Banfield strategies and priorities identified in project/program management process are met.
- In partnership with the Director of the Project Management Office, create and uphold a cultural shift for employing project management throughout Banfield.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Business preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Seven years program or project management experience required.
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification (or equivalent) required.
- Experience managing multiple tasks and large, complex projects simultaneously within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial-type work environment required.
- Effective communicator and presenter with the ability to lead and influence colleagues, cross-functional teams and leaders preferred.
- Multi-unit or medical background (veterinary technician, human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) preferred.
Banfield Pet Hospital strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top