Sr. Manager, Veterinary Quality Science
Summary and Qualifications:
The primary purpose and function of this role is to continue medical quality and continuous improvement initiatives across Banfield hospitals and serve as a liaison for quality improvement science across Mars Veterinary Health. This individual will be accountable to the Banfield Quality Management Program and for the education and onboarding of new business leaders to the quality program. Key requirements will be the continued development of the enterprise risk assessment program and the investigation of a cost modeling program, meant to demonstrate the true costs of medical quality. There may also be potential ties to the value based care initiative work ongoing with the team.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Work with veterinary affairs and cross functional colleagues to continue to embed and instill quality improvement tenets in all aspects of work and hospital support.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for quality improvement science.
- Lead the Banfield Quality Manual content and reviews / updates on an annual basis, as well as be the main point of contact for the internal and external audit programs.
- Investigate and develop a hospital-based quality program, aligned with current and future audit work streams
- Work cross functionally to develop financial models demonstrating the value of medical quality programs (including the costs incurred in the absence of such programs) with potential ties to the development of a value based veterinary care system.
- Additional job requirements and subject matter expertise in areas of priority (root cause analysis, risk assessment strategies, PDSA, ISO 9001, health care transformation, etc) as assigned.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Master's degree in Healthcare Quality / Patient Safety or related field is required.
- Five years or more experience of patient safety or quality improvement is required.
- Experience in veterinary medicine / veterinary field is preferred.
- Superior communication and ability to lead through influence is required.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Back to top