Sr. Manager, Strategic Planning and Alignment
TheSenior Manager, Strategic Planning & Alignment will be responsible forleading, managing, and creating insights and analyses that inform Banfield'sstrategic plan. This position will alsoplay an active partnership role in driving enterprise priorities to improveoperational performance and deliver on the enterprise strategy in partnershipwith cross-functional teams and the enterprise project management office.
Essential Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within selfand team.
- Leadthe annual planning process to determine enterprise priorities.
- Leadmulti-year strategic planning and road-mapping efforts across functional teamsto align work and resourcing with strategic priorities.
- Identifyand evaluate strategic choices and adjacencies to synthesize into presentationmaterials to be socialized and presented to the Banfield Senior Leadershipteam.
- Developa detailed understanding of Banfield's operating model and performance drivers.
- Workcross-functionally to identify strategic opportunities beyond the currentbusiness model.
- Driveand facilitate strategic conversations with different leaders across theorganization to help drive strategic choices and prioritization.
- Responsiblefor thought leadership in framing business problems, and the development andimplementation of solutions.
- Supportand serve as an advisor/subject matter expert to select initiatives andstrategic projects.
- Own adiscrete work stream, driving to completion, making recommendations andsuggesting follow-up work.
- Demonstratestrong initiative and an ability to "manage up" and out with key organizationalpartners on deliverable timing and focus.
- Other job duties asassigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Abilityto work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Projecttimelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours perweek to complete essential duties of this job.
- Musthave mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and languageability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform theduties proficiently.
- Ability to carry outinstructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problemsinvolving several variables.
- Ability to stand,walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move)up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eyecoordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visualacuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- Thenoise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment wherepets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor'sdegree in business or related field required. MBA or graduate trainingpreferred.
- Sixyears progressive experience in a multi-unit company (e.g., retail,hospitality, healthcare) focused on business development, strategy, orfinance/operations required.
- Two tofour years in management consulting required.
- Strongexperience and the ability to comfortably manage the analysis of large, complexsets of information and synthesize results into executive-level recommendationsand presentations.
- Abilityto balance a strategic orientation with a practical focus on driving near-termresults required.
- Effective communicator and presenterwith the ability to lead and influence colleagues, cross-functional teams and seniorleaders required.
- Prefer health carebackground (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top