Sr. Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
- Vancouver, WA
Summary and Qualifications:
Lead the day-to-day operations of the System Infrastructure Engineering Team as well as leading in the areas of technology strategy and architecture, providing technical leadership and mentoring.
Responsible for leading and executing large scale infrastructure projects on time and within budget for a highly distributed technology environment.
Deliver on architectural vision and functional roadmaps to drive innovation, scale, and growth.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Manage a team of system engineers that support over 1000 remote hospitals, 16000 workstations, Enterprise Data Centers, NetApp SAN storage infrastructure, Active Directory, O365 and other cloud technologies
- Provide clear and defined functional roadmaps to ensure consistency and best practices for achieving compliance, security, promoting quality, and financial opportunities.
- Responsible for all server (Both Windows and Linux), workstation management, datacenter, tier 3 operations, and management for a multi-datacenter, cloud enabled, highly distributed technology footprint.
- Provide technological direction, analyzing the latest releases of major technologies, participating in technical and leadership seminars, and provide guidance on technical infrastructure solutions that solve business challenges
- Lead the Systems Engineering team in setting clear goals and objectives, measuring performance, mentoring, coaching, and enforcing adherence to best practices, processes and policies.
- Provide product and project guidance to the team, enabling them to successfully deliver the solution features envisioned.
- Estimate work efforts for projects, including budgets and vendor work efforts, providing regular status reporting to leadership.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Experience with Microsoft is preferred.
- Ten years of IT; minimum of 7 years in Systems Engineering positions with progressively increasing levels of responsibility including technical and people leadership is required.
- Experience creating and presenting business cases required.
- Experience in managing third party solution providers is required.
- Extensive experience with all server technologies including but not limited to all Microsoft platforms, Linux, Azure, AWS. Knowledge of End Users device management tools and technologies is required.
- Expert knowledge of industry standards and best practices required including, but not limited to, cloud services, security operations, datacenter operations, software management, and IT Service Management principles, PCI DSS, CCPA, GDPR enforcement is preferred.
- Health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Back to top