Sr. Manager, Acquisition Integration
The Sr Manager, Acquisition Integration is responsible for the Finance integration and execution of Banfield's strategic plan to grow the business through acquisitions. This position will work directly with members of the Officer & Director Team to plan, execute, and evaluate the effectiveness of acquisition activity, also supporting Veterinary Service's global acquisition strategy. The Sr Manager oversees the acquisition integration activities of all Finance associates.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Support Banfield, and Veterinary Services (as needed), with acquisition related work including due diligence, closing requirements, integration planning, and execution while working collaboratively with Banfield and Veterinary Services leadership, Mars Corporate, leadership and owners of the acquired business unit, professional advisors and any other key parties.
- Represent Banfield Finance in all acquisition and integration efforts.
- Develop, manage, and execute scalable, standardized processes that are critical to the successful integration of an acquisition.
- Ensure all transactions related to an acquisition – including the business valuation deliverable and purchase price accounting – are properly accounted for and reported in accordance with U.S. GAAP, Mars Finance Manual, and Mars reporting requirements.
- Act as primary Finance delegate on the Hospital Acquisition Integration Core Team, ensuring skillful collaboration while working against firm deadlines.
- Facilitate the transition of acquisition target's accounting policies, procedures, and records so they align with the standards set by Banfield, Veterinary Services, and Mars, assisting with the education and training of acquisition target's associates to promote ongoing adherence.
- Anticipate and investigate unique business requirements; develop action plans, execute remedial actions, and ensure Finance meets all closing deadlines related to an acquisition.
- Act as the Finance key contact with Banfield's Officer & Director Team for matters relating to hospital acquisitions that will drive revenue growth, increase profitability, maximize cash flows, and uphold financial controls and compliance.
- Assist with pre-acquisition due diligence including traveling to acquisition targets to perform onsite assessments, expediting both pre- and post-close transactions between Banfield and acquisition targets.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Banfield Finance and acquisition target's owners and financial leadership and/or professional advisors.
- Develop a detailed understanding of Veterinary Services' and Banfield's strategic vision of growth through acquisitions, acting as an ardent advocate of such vision throughout all acquisition activities.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Master's degree preferred.
- CPA designation required.
- Eight years of relevant accounting or finance experience required with significant GAAP experience, consistent high-quality work products, and working within complex situations preferred.
- Experience with, and an understanding of, issues related to acquiring and integrating businesses required.
- Ability to manage complex accounting and reporting projects, including cross-functional collaboration and periods of intense pressure, while exhibiting a sense of urgency required.
- Big 4 public accounting experience preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top