Sr. Manager, Acquisition Integration
TheSr Manager, Acquisition Integration is responsible for the Finance integrationand execution of Banfield's strategic plan to grow the business throughacquisitions. This position will work directly with members of the Officer& Director Team to plan, execute, and evaluate the effectiveness ofacquisition activity, also supporting Veterinary Service's global acquisitionstrategy. The Sr Manager oversees theacquisition integration activities of all Finance associates.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Liveand exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- SupportBanfield, and Veterinary Services (as needed), with acquisition related workincluding due diligence, closing requirements, integration planning, andexecution while working collaboratively with Banfield and Veterinary Services leadership,Mars Corporate, leadership and owners of the acquired business unit, professionaladvisors and any other key parties.
- RepresentBanfield Finance in all acquisition and integration efforts.
- Develop,manage, and execute scalable, standardized processes that are critical to thesuccessful integration of an acquisition.
- Ensureall transactions related to an acquisition – including the business valuationdeliverable and purchase price accounting – are properly accounted for andreported in accordance with U.S. GAAP, Mars Finance Manual, and Mars reportingrequirements.
- Act asprimary Finance delegate on the Hospital Acquisition Integration Core Team,ensuring skillful collaboration while working against firm deadlines.
- Facilitatethe transition of acquisition target's accounting policies, procedures, andrecords so they align with the standards set by Banfield, Veterinary Services,and Mars, assisting with the education and training of acquisition target'sassociates to promote ongoing adherence.
- Anticipateand investigate unique business requirements; develop action plans, executeremedial actions, and ensure Finance meets all closing deadlines related to anacquisition.
- Act asthe Finance key contact with Banfield's Officer & Director Team for mattersrelating to hospital acquisitions that will drive revenue growth, increaseprofitability, maximize cash flows, and uphold financial controls andcompliance.
- Assistwith pre-acquisition due diligence including traveling to acquisition targetsto perform onsite assessments, expediting both pre- and post-close transactionsbetween Banfield and acquisition targets.
- Serveas the primary liaison between Banfield Finance and acquisition target's ownersand financial leadership and/or professional advisors.
- Developa detailed understanding of Veterinary Services' and Banfield's strategicvision of growth through acquisitions, acting as an ardent advocate of suchvision throughout all acquisition activities.
- Other job duties asassigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Abilityto work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Projecttimelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours perweek to complete essential duties of this job.
- Musthave mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and languageability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform theduties proficiently.
- Ability to carry outinstructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problemsinvolving several variables.
- Ability to stand,walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move)up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eyecoordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visualacuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- Thenoise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment wherepets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor'sdegree in accounting or finance required, or the equivalent combination ofeducation, training and experience that provides the required knowledge,skills, and abilities. Master's degree preferred.
- CPAdesignation required.
- Eightyears of relevant accounting or finance experience required with significantGAAP experience, consistent high-quality work products, and working withincomplex situations preferred.
- Experiencewith, and an understanding of, issues related to acquiring and integratingbusinesses required.
- Abilityto manage complex accounting and reporting projects, including cross-functionalcollaboration and periods of intense pressure, while exhibiting a sense ofurgency required.
- Big 4public accounting experience preferred.
- Prefer health carebackground (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top