Sr Engineer - Automation Enterprise SQA
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The primary purpose and function of the Sr Engineer Automation is to provide automation leadership to the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) team for completing projects as assigned by the practice. This position works closely with the SQA testers and engineering team to ensure the product features are delivered on time with high quality.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Design and develop high quality, data-driven modular test scripts in HP Quick Test ProUse, mentoring others on tools such as Visual Basic, Quality Test Pro (HP), and defect tracking systems, in order to document test plans, test cases and test scripts, and categorize according to established standards.
- Work on application test framework promoting re-usability and scalability of test assets, ensuring:
- Rapid development of modular test cases based on requirements.
- Peer reviews of test cases and artifacts.
- Meeting on time, on-quality commitments for assigned program/project deliverables.
- Maintain and support quality standards developed in the documented SDLC process and ensure new standards are maintained in future releases.
- Deliver agreed upon metrics for defects and performance to the SQA Manager.
- Collaborate effectively with the team leads and team members in Software Engineering and Business/Systems analysis as well as other IT and business teams.
- Maintain the PetWare SQA testing lab to the hospital standards that have been developed.
- Communicate with SQA manager on software testing process improvement suggestions, team schedule, PetWare release issues/risks logs and team activity status reports.
- Other job duties as assigned.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Three years of experience in designing and deploying continuous integration/continuous delivery tooling and automation infrastructure required.
- Combination of continuous integration/automation technical skills and the ability to communicate and drive adoption of continuous integration and delivery process change with application teams required.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve complex issues independently.
- Ability to coach and mentor associates in the team with modern software techniques.
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards, technologies, methodologies and best practices.
- Experience with security testing tool is a plus.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color,
Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Back to top