Sr Director Hospital Operations
Summary of Job Purpose andFunction
The primary purpose and function of the Senior Director of Hospital Operations is to provide leadership, mentorship, and management to the hospital operations support team. This position will be responsible for the oversight of all hospital operations support functions (including continuous process improvement, strategic operations planning, implementation and operations policies and procedures) and assignments related to strategic practice initiatives, adherence to project plans, and analyzing performance indicators. The Senior Director Hospital Operations will ensure oversight of all processes related to the development of associates assigned to the Operations Development Team in addition to SOLT.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Build and maintain the infrastructure and communication links between CTS and Field Leadership.
- Develop and maintain all processes related to the operational calendar, capacity alignment, and communications
- Ensure Vice President of Hospital Operations is apprised of developing trends or strategic market opportunities.
- Develop effective communication between the field and Central Team Support.
- Analyze data, using standard reporting package, for each hospital; obtain input from hospital managers and field leadership to establish plan for improving hospital performance via the sharing of "best practices".
- Proactively consult and communicate with the field to help them understand the trends of their respective hospitals and know how to utilize that information to improve their operations.
- Ensure that hospital action plans are developed, executed, and communicated to senior leadership based on an established timeline.
- Provide tools and resources to help field leaders and hospital managers improve their operations including outlining training needs, gaining agreement with these needs from the hospital manager and field leadership, and coordinating appropriate training and other resources through the field leadership and training team.
- Regularly communicate status of market performance with Regional Leaders.
- Provide leadership and direction to the hospital operations support team.
- Participate with senior management in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Oversee the development of short-and long-range team objectives, plans and programs.
- Manage work flow for large projects and initiatives.
- Partner with cross functional teams to develop, implement and maintain the highest quality and most efficient systems and processes.
- Allocate associate time/resources to meet business needs, financial objectives and associate development needs.
- Manage team budget.
- Anticipate business requirements, trends, and variances; develop action plans; measure and analyze results; initiate corrective actions; minimize the impact of negative variances.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/orTraining
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related discipline required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. MBA preferred.
- Ten years related professional experience with progressively increasing responsibilities required.
- Minimum five years multi-location business management, with district/area level manager oversight, required.
- Prefer health care (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) or related background.
WEARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age,Color,
Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top