Sr. Database Administrator, (SQL)
Summary and Qualifications:
The SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) provides expertise in maintaining the production instances at its optimal state, helps create test environment for development, manage database projects in TFS and git using visual studio, create builds, provides stewardship on best practices for sustainable development and securing database infrastructure, provide expertise in designing and maintaining database solutions for SQL Server. Configuring database project for continuous delivery. Provide on-call support as required
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Support Application development teams with database design, development, code review (TSQL), database build and maintenance of the SQL Server databases including data analysis and modeling, TSQL programming, performance monitoring, tuning, cloning/refreshing, planning, problem solving.
- Install, upgrade, and patch database software, agents, utilities, and options.
- Collaborate with development teams on the use of the standard best practices for the database design and implementation.
- Maintain test tools for monitoring SQL Servers, Data/Schema Compare etc.
- Manage multiple database projects in the source control, create a database build for production deployment. Configure the project for continuous delivery
- Create and manage multiple environments.
- Work in an On-call support environment in rotation.
- Work with multiple projects which require strong project management and time management skills.
- Strong project and time management skills with ability to multitask and prioritize workloads.
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities; effectively identify and resolve problems in high-visibility and high-stress situations.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Knowledge of SQL Server (2008 - 2017 ) Database Design, development and maintenance is preferred. Certificate is plus.
- Minimum seven years of SQL Server Database Administration in medium to large corporate environments required.
- Experience creating a database solution, database design, development, managing database projects, creating build script, data compare, performance troubleshooting, providing support in setting up database in a lab environment. Performance monitoring, experience managing SSIS solution, familiarity with SQL Server Engine and Query Optimizer. On-call support, and deployment support is required.
- Working experience with PowerShell, configuring database for continuous integration for automatic deployment is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to present clean, organized, and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience is required.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Back to top