Sr. Coordinator, Travel & Expense
Summary and Qualifications:
This position will ensure compliance of all business travel expense policies through auditing expense reports for the Practice.
Will act as the main back up for the Associate Specialist Travel and Expense and will be the main point of contact for travel systems, the expense reporting program, and policy questions.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Perform all travel and expense responsibilities, including upkeep of auditing rules based on key controls, documentation of travel and expense policies and procedures, and training to support all associates in Concur (travel and expense software) and expense reporting guidelines.
- Foster and ensure compliance to the travel and expense reimbursement policies through training, communication and reinforcement.
- Act as the main point of contact for all associates participating in the travel and expense programs to resolve issues, ensure best results and deliver great associate experience.
- Partner with the contracted travel agency to manage, monitor and support the on-line travel tools in Concur.
- Monitor and ensure associate compliance to the American Express Card Program; reconcile travel card at the Banfield level and administer individual travel cards, providing assistance in resolving outstanding issues with cardholders.
- Manage continuing education reimbursement and allowances according to policy.
- Process ghost card direct billed charges for Accounts Payable uploads; provide travel and expense reporting to management and cross functional teams.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's in Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience in travel & expense
- Experience with Concur and Oracle is required.
- Experience with Microsoft programs especially excel is required.
- Experience with accounting principles is preferred.
- Experience with travel industry and expense reporting is required.
- Health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Back to top