Sr. Coordinator, Tax & License
The primary purpose and function of the Sr. Coordinator, Tax and License is to administer business licensing, annual reporting and other tax compliance requirements as needed.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Prepare all business licensing, annual reporting and permitting for practice hospital locations.
- Prepare multi-state sales/use, property tax and miscellaneous other tax returns.
- Research multi-state licensing requirements (business, occupation, etc) and sales and use tax regulations.
- Provide property tax and sales and use tax documentation to assist during audits.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum of one to three years of relevant professional accounting, tax, or finance experience.
- Experience with state and local business reporting and licensing is preferred.
- Medical background (veterinary technician, human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) with medical terminology training is preferred.
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top