Sr. Coordinator, Payroll
The primary purpose and function of the Sr. Coordinator, Payroll is to audit and process bi-weekly payroll for a region.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Prepare and process all aspects of bi-weekly payroll.
- Audit time and attendance for all associates prior to final payroll transmittal.
- Import, prepare and transmit payroll data batches.
- Audit payroll processing error messages and resolve all issues.
- Process payroll data and tax set up including multi-states, localities, and school districts.
- Perform HR data exchange process, review and resolve differences.
- Process terminated associates final pay and all manual checks as requested.
- Distributepayroll checks via FedEx delivery to all hospitals.
- Respondto all payroll inquiries from associates and other agencies.
- Processfederal and state tax levies as well as multi-state court-ordered garnishments.
- Maintainclient confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Otherjob duties as assigned.
- May require extensiveperiods of data entry and perform periodic tax and time entry auditing.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education, and Training,
- Bachelor's degree preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Two years of relevant professional experience required, with data entry and a strong understanding or payroll laws.
- Experience with Ceridian products and DayForce for Payroll and Time and Attendance preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top