Sr. Coordinator, Hospital Construction
Theprimary purpose and function of the Sr Coordinator, Hospital Construction is tocoordinate, remove and install hospital equipment, décor and hardware and effectivelycommunicate project updates to all stakeholders to ensure the successful andtimely construction or remodel of a hospital.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within selfand team.
- Perform andcoordinate the removal, installation and testing of hospital equipment, toinclude, but not limited to:
- Processorsand scales
- Surgery cartand table
- Set-uphospital marketing package and hospital displays.
- Communicateproject progress to PetSmart and Banfield Management teams; addressing issuesand concerns to the Construction Project Manager in a timely fashion.
- Work withand assist contractors with general installation and construction duties
- Inspect anddocument facility damage, repairs, and plan variances.
- Create andimplement alternatives to standard installation protocols based on guidelines,limitations and priorities to account for floor plan or facility variations.
- Coordinateopen issues (i.e. facilities, equipment/supplies, IT, phones, marketing, etc.).
- Receive,take inventory, and inspect merchandise and opening orders noting allbackorders and returns.
- Use Banfieldplan-o-grams and guidelines to stock inventory.
- Oversee andguide vendors, ensuring a positive working relationship.
- Coordinatetravel arrangements within Banfield guidelines.
- Other job duties asassigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ableand willing to travel nationally to visit hospitals. Travel can be more than 95 percent of atypical work schedule and may be for extended periods of time with little or noprior notice (1-4 weeks).
- Abilityto lift and carry up to 75 lbs, stoop, sit, stand, kneel and climb ladders forextended periods of time.
- Projecttimelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours perweek to complete essential duties of this job.
- Significantnational travel is required. Ability towork weekends and evenings to meet hospital schedules.
- Abilityto obtain national credit card to use for business related expenses (for hotelrooms, car rentals, food purchases & necessary supplies during projectperiod).
- Mustmeet age requirements of national car rental agencies and have reliable privatetransportation for frequent local travel including a valid driver's license andproof of insurance.
- Musthave mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and languageability (reading, writing, & speaking the English language) to perform theduties proficiently.
- Thenoise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment wherePets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor'sdegree preferred or the equivalent combination of education, training andexperience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimumof one to three years of relevant professional construction or maintenance experience.
- Working knowledge oftools used for installation (power drills, saws, fasteners & variousmounting devices) and general knowledge of software and hardware involved inelectronic communications (i.e. cell phone, smartphone, laptop) preferred.
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top