Sr. Analyst, SQL Reporting
The primary purpose and function of the Sr Analyst, Commercial is to create data-driven insight on Commercial strategic initiatives while understanding our fundamental business drivers. This position will analyze, scope, develop and implement standard reporting, working with business users cross-functionally to deliver the end product. The Sr Analyst will be the primary point of contact on Purchasing/Commercial data at Banfield, supporting end users and maintaining data governance.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Act as the primary point of contact on Banfield's spend and savings data, and create and maintain an automated reporting mechanism to help senior leaders and our buyers with strategic initiatives.
- Support and maintain Banfield's current ordering system (Banfield Direct), strategic sourcing management system (ARIBA) and inventory solution (SWEEP) by ensuring data is current, the systems are working appropriately, and assisting end users with questions and/or troubleshooting issues.
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements, identifying the data needs, creating an appropriate report, and communicating results to management and project teams.
- Using large data sets, draw key insights and produce clear and concise presentations of results.
- Lead cross-functional teams in Commercial team-based projects by scoping work, clarifying dependencies on others, and completing projects in a timely manner, documenting processes along the way.
- Create and maintain purchase and sales history for the entire Commercial buying team.
- Ensure accurate and timely updates to the data management process for Contract Management, Spend & Savings.
- Partner with Asset Protection, Hospital Operations and Finance to understand shrink and identify the best approach in reporting it.
- Analyze reporting of inventory shortage results and identify solutions to reduce inventory loss; assist in the implementation of the approved solution.
- Contribute to strategic planning, analysis activities and documentation of Inventory & Supply Chain management projects.
- Identify inventory cost reduction opportunities, making recommendations to automate and streamline procurement processes and procedures.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Finance/Accounting, or Supply Chain & Logistics required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience in Oracle purchasing systems, supply chain or related field is required.
- Strong experience with Oracle SQL or similar report writing tool, Microsoft Visio, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Experience using ARIBA modules required.
- Business Objects, Oracle Accounts Payable and other Oracle modules experience preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top