Sr. Analyst, Real Estate
The Senior Analyst, Real Estate is responsible for conducting advanced analytics that support the appropriate strategic growth of the practice. This position is responsible for evaluating the causal relationships of existing performance in order to develop predictive modeling tools that ensure the continued fiscal health of the practice through appropriate hospital deployment, including but not limited to: sales forecast models, new hospital and competitive cannibalization models, and categorical inventory models. This position supports practice-wide analytics in order to identify and explain challenges at many levels of the business.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Research and analyze demographics to determine Banfield Client Trade areas and Retail Trading Zones.
- Present detailed graphical representation of compiled data with actionable summary.
- Assist in the development of multifaceted predictive models that are produced as the result of identifying the fundamental, underlying interactions of hospital performance and the demographic/psychographic profiles of the core customer base.
- Conduct analysis of all existing core hospitals and their associated customer loyalty data in order to interpret complex relationships in hospital performance.
- Participate in periodic real estate inspection trips with brokers, PetSmart partners and other Banfield Associates.
- Compile tour binders with assessment of potential hospital sites.
- Create maps for senior level assessment of market data.
- Recommend real estate sites based on compiled data for various hospital models (Urgent Care, Free Standing, Teaching, etc.).
- Identify and communicate potential risk issues related to real estate locations.
- Act as liaison between Field Directors, Doctors and CTS for hospital setup and maintenance.
- Participate in communications with PetSmart regarding future sites, store features and hospital locations.
- Maintain hospital site inventory list.
- Collect and analyze competitor and business partner data to provide in-depth analysis of new market opportunities.
- Analyze monthly operating results.
- Provide ad hoc analysis for leadership with relation to operations results, financial data, industry trends, etc.
- Create Field Leadership organizational maps.
- Gather and analyze field data (queries, tables, etc.) and develop effective reporting mechanisms.
- Conduct fielded market analyses.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
- May be required to travel long distances by air, train or car on short notice for extended periods of time. Must meet age requirements of national car rental agencies and have reliable private transportation for frequent local travel including a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- BA/BS of Business Administration, Geography, Finance or Mathematics required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Masters degree preferred.
- Five years of relevant professional experience is required, with statistical background or education preferred.
- Advance level Geographic Information Systems (GIS) skills required with MapInfo or ESRI, coding ability preferred.
- Ability to effectively produce quality work under tight deadlines and stressful situations preferred.
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top