Sr. Accountant Tax
The primary purpose and function of the Sr Tax Accountant is to facilitate the preparation of tax returns and reports by managing the activity, analyzing the financial results and making recommendations to business partners and consulting with business partners on ongoing area functions and special topics.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Prepare, review and analyze federal and state corporate income tax returns, estimates and extensions in compliance with prescribed rules and regulations.
- Assist with preparation of the tax provision.
- Interpret tax laws and regulations and apply to ensure compliance. Maintain current knowledge of, and adheres to federal, state and local tax laws.
- Determine effects of business activities on taxes and develop strategies for minimizing tax liability.
- Provide support for tax audits.
- Participate in specialized and complex projects.
- Analyze financial statements, reconcile select general ledger accounts and administer tax liabilities.
- Develop and maintain courteous and effective working relationships with internal and external clients, vendors and/or any other representatives of external organizations.
- Acts as team resource, if supervisor is unavailable.
- Train new Associates as required.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (or related discipline) required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Three years of national tax experience with transferable skills required.
- Public Accounting experience preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top