The primary purpose and function of the Specialist, Sourcing is to proactively source qualified candidates to fill all open positions, reducing time to fill and increasing quality of the applicant pool.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Source, identify, and pipeline quality, candidates for active and passive talent profiles efficiently by posting positions, cold calling, networking, etc..
- Conduct heavy market research on candidate skill sets, demographics and hiring trends.
- Gather and compile candidate data, competitive trends, market research and candidate lead generation.
- Tap traditional and non-traditional data sources (job boards, internal databases, search engines, social media, web mining, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Post facts and interesting information regarding jobs/ careers at Banfield to job boards and other social media networks.
- Provide routine overviews on industry trends.
- Develop and maintain contacts with educational institutions, employment agencies, placement firms, and other sources of applicants.
- Present Banfield as an employer of choice at various career fairs, employer panels and other public speaking events.
- Assist the team in the development and implementation of programs, plans, policies, and procedures for recruitment, testing, selection and hiring new associates.
- Partner and train recruiters and hiring managers to develop new search techniques and recruitment strategies.
- Analyze and share data to drive sourcing decisions.
- Assist in and provide input on revisions, upgrades, and enhancements to Banfield's career center and any other piece to the ATS that would improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Provide input into the development and/or revision of recruiting materials and processes.
- Maintain and update applicant-tracking database.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Three years relevant professional experience required as a sourcer,
- Experience conducting deep dive candidate searches using variety of search technics to include complex Boolean searches, flip searches, x-ray searches and reverse searches required.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.)..
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top