Specialist, Physical Security
Summary of Job Purpose andFunction
The primary purpose and function of the Specialist, Physical Security will work with the Director Asset Protection to develop, propose, implement and maintain the practice's physical security control strategies related to associate and asset safety & security. This position acts as a custodian in areas related to asset protection and loss prevention, working closely with the field leadership, Asset Protection and various CTS teams. The Specialist is also responsible for oversight of the third-party security officer team positioned at CTS as well as vendor relations related to security solutions implemented practice wide.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Deliver CTS and hospital physical security controls & process strategies related to associate safety and security and the mitigation of associated risks (i.e., software and hardware solutions, equipment maintenance and upgrade strategies, and policy and procedure changes).
- Partner with Director, Asset Protection on enterprise-wide workplace violence strategy development, implementation and sustainability.
- Oversee third-party security officer team to effectively provide site security services for CTS associates and property.
- With the Director Asset Protection develop and maintain site-specific officer training and CTS security policies & procedures.
- Support Asset Protection team in triaging, and responding to, threat incidents to mitigate risk to associates and practice property.
- Partner with Corporate Affairs to provide security strategies and services related to CTS and field-based associate and community events.
- Manage third-party security solution vendor relations, related to physical control software/hardware solutions, to ensure products and services are delivered per our requirements.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/orTraining
- Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum five years of loss prevention and/or security services industry experience required.
- Prior experience with physical security controls and system solutions (i.e., design, implementation and maintenance) required.
- Proficiency in associate safety, workplace violence risk mitigation & crisis management operations required.
- Prior management experience both in managing team of security personnel (internal or external) required and vendor relations (procurement and maintenance of equipment) preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
WEARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age,Color,
Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top