Specialist, Learning Experience Design
The primary purpose and function of the Specialist Learning Experience Design is to evaluate training needs, manage all learning design projects, and design and develop learning programs for all areas of the practice to meet practice goals. This position requires excellent customer relations and interpersonal skills, the ability to analyze requests and deliver creative solutions, and a high level of organization. The Specialist Learning Experience Design will use multi-media learning applications for paper, computer and web-based training, and instructor-led training, partnering with Program Managers in support of learning.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Work with L&D Specialists to track project and deliverables, communicating status to L&D Leaders and cross functional teams.
- Author course content, storyboards, program collateral with a primary focus on the end-user experience.
- Provide learning design for a variety of e-learning approaches including: adaptive paths, branching scenarios, experiential learning, gamification, social media and user generated content (UGC), behavioral modeling videos, video interactions, and others.
- Review existing programs for modern improvements, applying instructional design approaches and proposing adjustments or new curriculum additions.
- Obtain direction and sign-off for education projects/courses from the Program Managers, and other appropriate associates.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and skill related to current practices, new methodologies and delivery systems in the field of learning and development.
- Conduct needs assessments with key stakeholders and L&D managers.
- Design programs, including creation of a project plan, learning objectives and storyboards, so as to ensure appropriate timelines and objectives are established with the goal of meeting or exceeding customer expectations in all interactions and solutions.
- Maintains revision cycles for training content in collaboration with L&D managers.
- Maintains extensive knowledge of course materials, policies and processes.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education, and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Education, Organizational Development or Project Management preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Four years relevant experience as an executive assistant or project manager, in instructional design, education or learning delivery.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for measuring and evaluating program and individual effectiveness and developing corrective actions required.
- Experience in education/instructional design with the ability to develop instructional materials for multiple delivery methodologies and employ a systems approach to solving and educational systems building preferred.
- Experience in training, development, learning capacity, or related function with knowledge of methods for curriculum and instructional design, multimedia training and adult learning theories.
- Knowledge of formal methodologies for project management preferred.
- Experience with Articulate, Articulate Storyline and Captivate preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top