Specialist, Learning & Development
The primary purpose and function of the Specialist Learning & Development is to design, develop and update learning programs as required to meet practice goals. The role will provide effective delivery of field learning programs which ensure associates receive the appropriate training and development opportunities supporting quality medicine, functional and operational skills, leadership development and an exceptional client experience.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Systematically analyze, design, develop, test and revise the instructional design solutions to ensure continued effectiveness.
- Manage and track the direction of projects ensuring the original mission and goals are achieved.
- Coordinate with Program Manager and Sr. Program Manager to develop all project proposal documentation.
- Manage all aspects of project (i.e., decisions, issues, risks, communication, training requirements gathering, milestone development and execution, and turnover to production).
- Ensure the timely identification, logging and resolution of project problems and conflicts (Decisions, Issues and Risks) assessing the impact of these items and escalating when necessary.
- In collaboration with management, ensure efficient, effective associate development through the delivery of consistent and appropriate training and communication techniques.
- Deliver practice approved training for a cross-functional, continuous learning environment, assisting in measurement of accuracy, comprehension & effectiveness of training sessions while following standards and ensuring consistency in all training programs.
- Obtain direction and sign-off for education projects/courses from the Program/Sr. Program Manager, and other appropriate associates.
- Develop and encourage non-traditional solutions to problems and challenges.
- Support training and development across multiple units and regions, prioritizing based on both need and impact.
- Participate in the development of written materials for various groups and audiences including formal presentations, adapting training and materials to various learning styles.
- Partner with the Specialist Learning Experience Design for guidance to gain expertise in specific programs.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Must be able to travel long distances by air, train or car on short notice for extended periods of time (between 50-75% of the time). Must meet age requirements of national car rental agencies and have reliable private transportation for frequent local travel including a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Education, Organizational Development or Project Management preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Four years relevant experience as an executive assistant or project manager, in instructional design, education or learning delivery.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for measuring and evaluating program and individual effectiveness and developing corrective actions preferred.
- Ability to facilitate meetings with strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge of formal methodologies for project management preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top