Specialist, Buying Operations Formulary
Summary and Qualifications:
The primary purpose and function of the Specialist, Buying Operations is to develop and execute supply chain strategies primarily for the delivery of pharmaceutical and nutrition products to Banfield hospitals in the US and Puerto Rico.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Own supply logistics and operational relationships for ~$120M+ in pharmaceutical and nutrition spend, including communication of material and set-up requirements, management of supplier performance, and handling all supply crisis due to recalls, backorders, material quality issues, etc.
- Lead the Formulary Implementation Process, recommending areas for improvement and simplification.
- Ensure the delivery of exceptional business results in the following key areas:
- Supplier Performance and Continuous Process Improvement
- Total Delivered Cost Reduction
- Minimum Order Quantity Optimization
- Procure to Pay process enhancements & improvements.
- Drive and leverage supplier's capabilities to reduce Banfield's Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) in the supply chain.
- Define and execute Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) optimization opportunities across the entire network.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive the Procure to Pay Process, recommending areas for improvement and simplification.
- Manage and develop the supply chain, internal ordering process optimization, and procure to pay process for Banfield hospitals (including home delivery), handling all supply, quality, or service level issues.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's in Procurement, Logistics/Materials Management, Industrial Engineering or Finance is required.
- Minimum of five years of experience Managing complex supply chains and/or working in an operational role in a hospital or multi-unit environment is required.
- Ability to build and work collaboratively on teams, exhibiting a positive approach/attitude towards working with internal/external customers is required.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Back to top