Shift Lead Position Profile
The role of the Shift Lead is to perform the duties of a Client Services Coordinator or Vet Assistant when not filling in or assisting the Practice Manager or Chief of Staff in guiding the team to maximize productivity and profitability of the hospital. This position works with the Practice Manager and/or Chief of Staff (COS) to ensure effective communication with all clients and internal stakeholders and colleagues.
The right person for this job takes great enjoyment in:
- Assisting and supporting the hospital leadership in developing an efficient, productive team that provides the highest quality care and service to the most pets and clients.
- Following Banfield protocols and practices, focusing the team to achieve practice priorities while building our culture and brand.
- Day-to-day supervision of the team when called upon and ensuring quality medical care, exceptional client service, associate engagement and maximum productivity.
- Helping create an environment where a team can deliver quality, efficient and effective veterinary care to pets and fostering an environment that engages associates, where associates do their best and feel good about being a member of the team.
- Providing professional, efficient and exceptional client service (lead by example), ensuring all associates do the same, to include client education about Optimum Wellness Plans, preventive care, pet health needs, hospital services, marketing campaigns, and other related information; effectively resolve client issues.
- Assisting in effectively scheduling associates to meet client needs according, while proactively planning time off and CE scheduling.
- Ensuring compliance with all practice policies and procedures.
- Ensuring adherence to Banfield dress and grooming guidelines.
A career at Banfield means you'll find yourself working in the pet healthcare field alongside industry experts with a chance to make a difference in the lives of pets and the clients we serve through client education and effective communications. Work in a fun team environment that offers a clear career path you can pursue if continued growth and learning is your goal. Banfield offers all associates a generous benefits package including 401(k), paid time off and Optimum Wellness Plans® for your pets. In addition, medical, vision and dental insurance is offered to associates based on eligibility.
If you want to become an integral part of an effective team that allows you to put your love of pets to work and are looking for a career with a growing company that cares about the families and pets we serve, please visit Banfield.com/Careers and apply today for an opportunity in your area. We look forward to speaking with you about your desire to join Banfield and make a better world for pets!
- You must believe preventive care is the best and only way to achieve a long and healthy life for each pet.
- You must embrace and thrive on providing exceptional client and pet experiences.
- You must be available to work weekend and evening shifts.
- You must be comfortable working in an environment with loud noise and strong smells.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must have a minimum of two years of veterinary hospital experience.
- We are a drug-free, smoke-free, equal opportunity employer.
Are You Passionate About Preventive Pet Care? Apply Today!
Banfield Pet Hospital strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top