Senior Director, Total Rewards
Summary of Job Purpose andFunctionTheprimary purpose and function of the Senior Director, Total Rewards is to providestrategic total rewards leadership and oversee the design, development,implementation, and maintenance of all compensation and benefits programs to achieve theorganization's business objectives.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Liveand exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- DriveBanfield's people strategy as a member of the P&O Leadership Team.
- Leada team of compensation and benefits professionals to deliver "best in class" totalrewards that align with Banfield's business objectives.
- Leadand make continuous advancements in Total Rewards programs that affectBanfield's associates and support our Employer of Choice strategy forveterinary professionals.
- Workin partnership with the Mars Rewards and Benefits teams to ensure alignment andappropriate governance of Banfield's Total Rewards programs.
- Provide advice to senior leadership on paydecisions, job evaluations, compensation and benefit policy and guidelineinterpretation.
- Serveas chairperson of the Banfield Retirement Committee.
- FacilitateBanfield Compensation Committee meetings.
- Partnerwith the Rewards teams across the Veterinary Health Group (VHG) to leveragebest practices and align rewards programs as appropriate.
- Leverageexternal best practices and continually seek program improvements.
- Partnerclosely with the Sr. Director, P&O Systems regarding programs that supportcompensation and benefit plan administration.
- Participateas an active, contributing member of the Oracle Steering Committee.
- Other job duties asassigned.
Special Working Conditions
- Abilityto work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Projecttimelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours perweek to complete essential duties of this job.
- Musthave mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and languageability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform theduties proficiently.
- Ability to carry outinstructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problemsinvolving several variables.
- Ability to stand,walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move)up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eyecoordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visualacuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- Thenoise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment wherepets are present.
Experience, Education and/orTraining
- Bachelor'sdegree in Human Resources required, or the equivalent combination of education,training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, andabilities.
- Twelveyears relevant experience in Total Rewards with success leading large teams of TotalRewards professionals required.
- Priorexperience in change management and organizational development required.
- Provensuccess in leading Total Rewards in highly complicated settings (i.e., multi-unitorganization) required.
- Health care(veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) background preferred.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top