Regional HR Director-Midwest
Theprimary purpose and function of the Regional People & Organization Manageris to serve as the strategic partner to designated management teams,contributing expert people knowledge to the development and implementation ofbusiness strategy, directing the successful management of all changeinitiatives, and creating a culture aligned with our Five Principles. Thisposition is responsible for focusing on significantissues critical to the organization's success, including: bringing our uniqueculture to life, developing a high performing organization, fostering associateengagement and well-being and maximizing associate capability andperformance. This includesorganizational development and change, talent acquisition and demand planning,talent management (including performance management, succession planning,development planning, etc.), and learning and development execution.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within selfand team.
- Educateon and communicate roles and responsibilities to create high engagement levelsand challenge line managers and associates to play their role effectively as"owners of engagement."
- Communicateand role model the importance of associate engagement in a way that influencesour line managers and associates to incorporate the mindset into daily businessdecisions and conversations.
- Educate,advise and challenge line management on the importance of our culture and howthey can incorporate The Five Principles into daily activities and decisionmaking.
- Actas a role model and articulate a clear, memorable message for different targetgroups in the organization and tell powerful stories to engage associates tocommit to and live The Five Principles.
- Serveas a business partner to CTS and the field to advise on how to deal with newand complex programs, business tasks, challenges and initiatives.
- Guide,train and direct business leaders on the execution of P&O policies and processes.Apply the basic theories of behavioral sciences as well as change management,teambuilding, effective communication, feedback, coaching, mentoring,leadership development and facilitation.
- Leadand support the execution of annual and on-going P&O processes such astalent and compensation reviews, performance development process, associateengagement survey, and others as necessary.
- Ensureleaders understand and are fully engaged with talent identification andsuccession activities, processes and systems.
- Partnerwith regional leadership to create a performance culture (e.g. aligned businessobjectives, high quality development plans, regular and candid feedback, linemanager coaching, etc).
- Trainmanagers to effectively understand and use our performance and team developmentphilosophy, tools and systems.
- Partnerwith centers of excellence to deliver the highest level of support to field andCTS associates.
- Deploycontent from centers of excellence based upon CTS and regional needs.
- Applyemployment law for standard cases appropriately and determine when to seeklegal advice.
- Providedirect coaching and consultation to CTS and the field organization to build anddevelop greater organizational capability.
- Analyze,benchmark and react, where appropriate, to financial, operational and P & Ometrics to drive results.
- Adviseline managers how to build quality development plans according to associateneeds.
- Partnerand advise on regional people initiatives in support of the talent pipeline,including workforce planning, attraction, development, engagement.
- Partnerwith leadership to interview and assess talent for organization,
- Guideeffective succession and retention planning efforts.
- Leadand support regions through change.
- Partnerwith leaders to ensure transitioning managers receive first 90 days support toaccelerate performance in role.
- Other job duties asassigned.
Special Working Conditions
- Approximately40-70% travel required.
- Mustbe able to travel long distances by air, train or car on short notice forextended periods of time. Must meet age requirements of national car rentalagencies and have reliable private transportation for frequent local travelincluding a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- Abilityto work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Projecttimelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours perweek to complete essential duties of this job.
- Musthave mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and languageability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform theduties proficiently.
- Ability to carry outinstructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involvingseveral variables.
- Ability to stand,walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move)up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eyecoordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visualacuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- Thenoise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment wherepets are present.
Experience, Education, and Training
- Bachelor'sdegree required with MBA or advanced degree in related field preferred, or theequivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides therequired knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimumten years of experience as an HR Generalist or related function with businessexperience showing increasing responsibility.
- Knowledgeof Talent & Performance Management, Engagement, Team Effectiveness,Organizational Design & Development, Change Management, Facilitation Skillsand Coaching.
- HRtraining or certification preferred.
- Diversecareer (both within and outside of HR) and multi unit experience preferred.
- Prefer health carebackground (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Residency Requirement: Associate must live in the Midwest region
Banfield Pet Hospital strongly supports and values theuniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversityis embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status asa qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies withall applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination inemployment in every Banfield location.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top