Project Manager, IT PMO
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The primary purpose and function of the Project Manager is to lead efforts to deliver high quality solutions based on business. This position will lead, schedule, and coordinate concurrent projects that support the needs of the business by working with cross-functional teams.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Responsible for the creation, approval and management of varying projects (Scope, Schedule, Budget and Quality).
- Collaborate with team leads to manage the internal and external resources on projects from design through implementation; lead, mentor and coach associates as necessary.
- Coordinate with team leads to apply best practices in the software development life cycle; review and refine the process as necessary.
- Engage the business to understand the business needs.
- Manage to project priorities, continuously performing project risk assessment and mitigation; escalating when necessary and effectively managing deadlines.
- Manage, track, and report status and progress of projects, ensuring the original project scope, mission, and end point objectives are achieved.
- Provide coordination support regarding project organization, scope, and or funding.
- Obtain approval for any changes to project scope through the project change control process.
- Follow best practice project management principles.
- Provide effective communications of expectations to the project team, IT associates, and other CTS teams as needed.
- Implement and maintain the project document repository
- Ensure the proper change control processes are followed throughout the software development life cycle.
- Responsible for the routine tracking of project progress and communication of status to customers, stakeholders, and management.
- Ensure the timely identification, logging and resolutions of risks and issues, escalating when necessary.
- Other job duties as assigned.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum of four years relevant project management experience with a minimum of seven years experience with the IT industry. strong analysis and leadership skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage and deliver multiple concurrent projects (varying size) under aggressive timelines is required.
- Certified Scrum Master preferred.
- Experience with MS Project and knowledge of formal project management methodologies required; certification for project management (PMP/CPM) preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color,
Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Back to top