Programmer Analyst (.Net Developer)
- Vancouver, WA
The Programmer Analyst position will implement new applications and evolve features and sub-systems for existing applications. The Programmer Analyst will work closely with internal customers, software engineers, system analysts, and software quality assurance analyst to elaborate requirements, design, implement, test, and document software.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Apply OO design concepts, principles, and methods to create reliable, scalable, maintainable software products.
- Analyze and elaborate business requirements.
- Design and code unit tests and production software.
- Create technical documentation related to software design, implementation, and support.
- Resolve production issues.
- Conform to defined software engineering and configuration management practices.
- Contribute to on-going process improvement activities.
- Adherence to policies, procedures, standards.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training.
- Minimum four years programming with the following experience required:
- .Net framework 3.5, C#, HTML 5, Angular .js framework, JSON, Election
- Software design principles such as Design Patterns, Object Oriented Design, Service Oriented Architecture, REST, Inversion of Control.
- Understanding of iterative software development lifecycle methodology such as Agile and Scrum.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server 2008 or higher; WinForms, ASP .net, WCF, Unit testing, IIS 7 or higher, enterprise software development preferred.
- Health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Back to top