Program Manager, Occupational Health and Wellness
Theprimary purpose and function of the Occupational Health and Wellness Manager isthe planning, organizing, administration and evaluation of a comprehensivehealth and wellness management program. Thisrole serves as the primary advisor to the Leadership team regarding associatesafety, wellness, and is responsible for programs to prevent illness or injuryto associates and damage to the environment.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Liveand exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
Health & Wellness
- Createand implement a strategy tied to overall well-being, health promotion, diseaseprevention and prevention of occupational and non-occupational injuries andillnesses.
- Developand administer programs to promote associate health including physical fitness,weight-reduction, smoking cessation, early-detection compassion fatigue, stress,and related programs.
- Partnerwith the Facilities function to manage internal fitness programs, and/or clientrelationship with fitness programs off-site. May perform limited diagnosticprocedures (blood pressure, weight, heart rate). Perform or supervisecounseling of individual associate on wellness activities and programs.
- Promotewellness programs to associates, through active, ongoing communicationsprogram.
- Provideclinical nursing assessment, diagnosis and management of occupational andnon-occupational injuries and illnesses following current Nursing Guidelinesand Medical Directives.
- Performcase management of occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses. Partnerwith benefits on evaluation process of leave management to include- return towork. Coordinate return to work andaccommodations discussions through Associate Relations.
- Partnerwith Talent and Learning to develop safety training and education programsdemonstrating the use of safety equipment.
- Evaluateand recommend suspension of activities that pose threats to workers' health andsafety.
- Reviewworkplace accident investigationsto identify causes and determine how suchaccidents can be avoided in the future.
- Providemedical review of risk assessments to determine any potential occupationalhygiene impact
- Partnercross-functionally to recommend measures to help protect workers frompotentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials. As appropriate,partner with the HSE team, Hospital Operations, and Commercial to inspect andevaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliancewith safety standards and government regulations.
- Ensurecompliance with all applicable federal, state and local requirements governingenvironmental protection and occupational safety and health standards by partheringwith Legal to staycurrent and informed on federal, state, and local rules andregulations.
- Overseethe completion and/or verification of P&O related forms and documents toensure accurate and timely processing. Documents may include requests for leaveof absence; workers' compensation or insurance claims; or social security orother government forms. This work to be completed as a liason with existinginternal and external partners and processes.
- Collaboratecross-functionally with multiple teams including (but not limited to) Benefits,Compensation, HSE, Legal, Finance, Field P&O, Facilities, Worker's Compensation and outside vendors.
- Developand oversee the process for conducting inspections and make recommendations foradherence to laws and regulations governing the health and safety ofindividuals.
- Other job duties asassigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Abilityto work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Projecttimelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours perweek to complete essential duties of this job.
- Musthave mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and languageability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform theduties proficiently.
- Ability to carry outinstructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problemsinvolving several variables.
- Ability to stand,walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move)up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eyecoordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visualacuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- Thenoise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment wherepets are present.
- Interactregularly with associates as part of regular hospital visits, risk assessments,inspections and/or self-audits
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor'sdegree in healthcare or advanced degree in Nursing, or related discipline required,or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience thatprovides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Registerednurse (RN) license required.
- CertifiedOHN with license to practice in the United States.
- Minimum5 years of relevant professional experience in occupational health, wellness,leave management and/or worker's compensation.
- Experienceproviding nursing management of occupational and non-occupational injuries andillnesses
- Specialtycertifications such as ACE, OSHA, COSM preferred.
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top