Manager, Oracle Application Support
Summary of Job Purpose andFunction
The primary purpose and function of the Manager, Oracle Applications Support is to lead the Oracle Applications Support team in maintaining and servicing Oracle e-Business Suite (EBS). This position will partner with functional teams to understand departmental expectations and requirements while also identifying and developing talent within the team to support Oracle EBS.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Collaborate and partner with IT leaders, functional stakeholders and departments to ensure successful implementation and maintenance of Banfield's Oracle EBS.
- Manage the Oracle Application support team, set clear goals and objectives, measure performance, mentor, coach, and enforce adherence to best practices, processes and policies.
- Oversee application support by continuously improving availability and ensuring delivery of critical system led business deliverables (e.g. period, quarter, year-end close/open enrollment).
- Provide product and project leadership, enabling team to:
- Work with functional business owners to insure availability of Oracle EBS.
- Modify existing reports, forms and processes to deliver functionally of the system.
- Design/develop and implement interfaces between Oracle EBS and other Banfield applications.
- Perform user account maintenance, security, printer setup/configuration and problem troubleshooting.
- Develop, document, maintain and ensure adherence to key processes crucial to Oracle EBS.
- Coordinate issue resolution between Banfield DBA and Oracle Support.
- Assist the DBA team with Banfield application patches and upgrades.
- Develop SLA's and availability metrics for functional teams and departments and measure and report on them regularly to management and partners.
- Estimate and manage enhancement and support work for minor changes to Oracle EBS.
- Manage vendor work efforts.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/orTraining
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or Business, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum eight years of relevant professional experience in a functional and/or technical role using Oracle e-business suite.
- Minimum two years in a leadership role managing Oracle functional and/or technical analysts.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
WEARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color,
Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top