Manager, GL Accounting
Theprimary purpose and function of the Manager, GL Accounting is to manage allaspects of the Accounting team's responsibilities ensuring proper applicationof accounting principles. This positionwill collaborate with the Senior Director of Finance, the Accounting team,external auditors, and hospitals on finance functions to ensure programs areconsistently administered in compliance with practice policies and governmentregulations through audits, reports and personal contact.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within selfand team.
- Overseeaccounting team to ensure the proper accounting treatment of businesstransactions, internal controls, provide technical guidance for new businessdevelopments and interpret the application of new accounting rules.
- Collaboratewith functional accounting team on month-end and year-end close, reviewing keyjournal entries and reconciliations and assisting as needed.
- Serveas the primary contact for internal and external audits.
- Reviewnon-routine transactions as well as new accounting pronouncements (e.g. revenuerecognition, lease accounting, etc.), research technical accountingtreatment(s), and discuss findings with Senior Director of Finance and SeniorLeadership Team.
- Performwalkthroughs of internal controls, evaluating effectiveness, suggest implementationof new controls, and possible improvements to existing controls.
- Assistwith the budgeting, forecasting, pro-forma analysis and other ad-hoc requestsfrom senior management.
- Leadprojects by partnering with associates within the department and throughout thepractice.
- Deliverexceptional service to internal and external customers of the Finance Team.
- Manage,coach and develop technical accounting associates.
- Other job duties asassigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Abilityto work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Projecttimelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours perweek to complete essential duties of this job.
- Musthave mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and languageability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform theduties proficiently.
- Ability to carry outinstructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problemsinvolving several variables.
- Ability to stand,walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move)up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eyecoordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visualacuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- Thenoise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment wherepets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor'sdegree in Accounting or Finance required, or the equivalent combination ofeducation, training and experience that provides the required knowledge,skills, and abilities.
- CPAlicense and public accounting experience required.
- Five yearsof experience in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Directsupervisory experience required.
- Prefer health carebackground (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital strongly supports and values theuniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversityis embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status asa qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies withall applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination inemployment in every Banfield location.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top