Manager, Commercial Leasing
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The Manager, Commercial Leasing will work closely with the Director, Commercial and the Banfield Real Estate Site Selection team to review, negotiate and draft real estate leases presented by Real Estate Managers, including lease renewals, with a minimum of 40 new hospital openings annually. This role will negotiate directly with third party landlords and their representatives (i.e., real estate agents, lawyers, property managers) to draft and/or modify leases, subleases, SNDAs, estoppels, assignments, terminations, amendments, and all other associated legal documents.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Interpret and advise management on all terms of real estate contracts, compose and prepare all supporting documents, including leases, subleases, exhibits, addendums, tenant improvement work letters, amendments/extensions, estoppels statements, SNDA's, and letters of intent, ensuring prioritization of projects to ensure lease extensions are secured prior to expiration of critical dates.
- Provide lease analysis including identification and interpretation of critical dates, business terms and problematic lease language.
- In-depth review of the lease (key provisions, site plan, site approval packages, etc.) market data gathered during market analysis, information obtained through mapping tools, results, or on-line records searches, information provide by municipality records division, and/or correspondence received from field operations staff.
- Execute Banfield's real estate strategy from site feasibility through lease signing, partnering with construction, openings, and lease administration to be sure the lease is completed accurately.
- In partnership with the Banfield Real Estate/Site Selection team, develop processes to confirm Banfield lease terms are at or better than market terms.
- Collaborate with developers, landlords and/or real estate brokers on deals, acting as liaison between field real estate, operations, construction, lease administration, market planning, and other teams regarding decisions related to store renewals and closings.
- Monitor LOI submissions from brokers, working with Legal and Commercial teams on lease negotiations and executions, to ensure the company has solid lease agreements to meet opening plan and renewal schedule while maximizing ROI.
- Manage lease renewals and options in accordance with schedule at least 12 months in advance of critical dates, developing an appropriate lease renewal strategy.
- Partner cross-functionally with construction, new hospital openings, and operations teams to develop and manage an accurate hospital openings schedule and forecast.
- Other job duties as assigned.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Travel at least 10% of the time.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- Ability to obtain national credit card to use for business related expenses (for hotel rooms, car rentals, food purchases & necessary supplies during project period).
- Must meet age requirements of national car rental agencies and have reliable private transportation for frequent local travel including a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate or Business or Paralegal Certificate with direct experience in Commercial and Retail Lease Negotiation strongly preferred; attorney/J.D candidates a plus.
- Six years' experience working in commercial lease negotiation for a national tenant or shopping center development in a role requiring performance of tasks and duties without supervision required.
- Understanding of legal documents and language required.
- Ability to perform accurately and consistently in high-pressure situations.
- Work effectively and professionally with attorneys, brokers and outside organizations.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word, including redlining and formatting; knowledge of Deltaview, Costar, and/or GIS preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color,
Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Wellness Plan Relations Coordinator
Naturally empathetic, Blanche uses her customer service and telephone skills to assist Banfield clients, educating them about wellness plan benefits, and helping them make the best choices for their pets.
Back to top