Manager Benefits Services
The primary purpose and function of the Manager Benefits Services is to manage a team of associates who provide LOA administration and general benefits support for the organization. This role is responsible for health & welfare plans and plan design, as well as external oversight of health & welfare vendors. The Manager Benefits Services will ensure a high level of expertise and customer service is provided by the benefits team.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Manage benefits associates ensuring team expertise, engagement, customer service, and benefits issue resolution.
- Maintain oversight of health & welfare plan vendors, performance and service levels.
- Participate in Total Rewards leadership team management and strategic planning.
- Develop benefit information and provide data analytics from health and welfare vendors (i.e., healthcare population statistics on conditions, pharma, LOA, etc.).
- Maintain awareness of the practice’s business plans and the potential impact on current and future benefit plan design and administration.
- Build and maintain a strong team through effective training, coaching, team building and succession planning, preparing a professional development plans for each associate.
- Serve on cross-functional teams, representing the function on projects when needed.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Management or related field preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum eight years of benefits vendor management, preferable health & welfare plans.
- Two years supervisory/management experience required.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top