Licensed Veterinary Technician
Do what you do best and make a difference for thousands of pets!
We are looking for Licensed Veterinary Technicians who have a real passion for what they do and thrive in a team-oriented environment of a full-service hospital. Your satisfaction comes from improving pets' lives and educating pet owners about the best preventive care for their pets, using the most comprehensive veterinary information and highest-quality equipment available (such as digital x-ray and high speed dental units). Working at Banfield, you will team with some of the best veterinarians in the profession by using your expertise to provide high quality medical care in a supportive environment.
At Banfield, you have real opportunities for development and a flexible career path.
The right person for this job takes great enjoyment in:
- Acting as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian's effectiveness.
- Guiding veterinary medical teams through the cycle of service and communicating with the team to maintain the flow of patients.
- Assisting with surgery and utilizing your technical skills to the fullest.
- Conducting complete anesthesia monitoring for all surgeries.
- Obtaining relevant information and history from clients and maintaining proper and complete medical records.
- Educating clients about Optimum Wellness Plans, preventive care, pet health needs, any diagnosis or treatment, hospital services and other pet related issues.
- Ensuring the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam rooms and labs.
- Providing professional, efficient and exceptional service at all times.
- Mentoring other paraprofessional team members.
- Personal and professional development.
- Veterinary Technician licensure required.
- You believe preventive care is the best and only way to achieve a long and healthy life for each pet.
- You embrace our Five Principles of Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency, and Freedom.
- You thrive on providing exceptional client and pet experiences.
- You have great computer skills and aptitude.
- You are available to work weekends and evening shifts.
- You are comfortable working in an environment with loud noise and strong smells.
- You must be 18 years or older.
As a Banfield associate, you'll enjoy a very competitive total compensation package and a wealth of resources. We believe in work/life balance and support that belief with one of the most generous benefits packages in the profession including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, 401(k) with a matching contribution, practice-paid life and disability insurance, and Optimum Wellness Plans for your pets.
Are You Passionate About Preventive Pet Care? Apply Today!
Banfield Pet Hospital® strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top