Lead Data & Analytics Mars Vet Health
- Vancouver, WA
Summary and Qualifications:
Build and provide oversight to Data & Analytics in Mars Vet Health (MVH) IT with the goal of driving operational efficiencies across our business units by building new capabilities.
Manage all aspects of data governance, including developing the overall MVH data architecture strategy and creating and maintaining standards and best practices for data provisioning and data integration.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Support the objectives of MVH IT by developing appropriate digital data solutions and strategies to drive efficiencies and profitable, sustainable growth.
- Build, develop, and manage a cohesive data asset portfolio to ensure relevant data is used to help MVH associates available now and in the future.
- Deliver on projects and initiatives, to agreed budgets and timetables.
- Provide data architecture support and expertise to all major enterprise projects.
- Ensure enterprise data is structured for ease of use.
- Review all data/data repositories on a periodic basis to ensure data is properly classified according to use, sensitivity and importance.
- Audits security precautions to ensure adequate protection is in place.
- Provide formal authorization for data access.
- Develop and adheres to data modeling standards and best practices.
- Support the solution architect to provide best solutions to meet projects data needs.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Services, Program Management, Business is required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Seven years of Program Management/Business Development is required.
- Knowledge of Veterinary Health business and their technology offerings is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in program management and deployment is required.
- Proven track record of change management is required.
- High learning and people agility, comfortable with ambiguity and constant change, able to methodically work through complex problems, set priorities and execute on commitments is preferred.
- Health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Mars Vet Health strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Mars Vet Health an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Mars Vet Health complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every MVH location.
Back to top