Inside Sales Representative
The primary purpose and function of the Inside Sales Representative is to sell individual or a combination of Optimum Wellness Plans, flea/tick preventives, and other products via telephone sales; answering calls from clients and prospects who are responding to direct marketing sent out by the marketing team. The Inside Sales Representative also makes outbound sales calls from a predictive dialer and conducts outbound follow-up calls to those in the sales cycle or education process.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Answer inbound phone calls and educate clients regarding Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs) or Home Delivery Products
- Sell Optimum Wellness Plans, home delivery products, prescription diets, or a combination thereof via telephone sales
- Maintain accurate records in database for all client/prospect communications
- Accurately provide necessary client information to complete enrollments/sales.
- Meet personal sales goals and provide teamwork to help sales team achieve overall goals as established by sales management
- Provide telephone contact support for other programs as identified for testing
- Operate multiple proprietary software programs including but not limited to: PAWS, CRM, InContact and CyberSource.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- High School diploma or the equivalent is required; Bachelors Degree in Marketing is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum one year relevant professional sales experience required; Wellness Plan and veterinary related product knowledge preferred.
- Professional sales skills and call center experience preferred, with the ability to effectively listen to clients and identify key decision making issues.
- Spanish fluency preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Back to top