Experienced Analyst, SQA
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE AND FUNCTION
The primary purpose and function of the SQA Analyst is to work with the project stakeholders and software development team to ensure the quality of the requirements, design, software, and SDLC process.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Work closely with business analysts, software developers, and stakeholders in all phases of software development life cycle.
- Analyze, review, and validate requirement documents, design documents, and other artifacts.
- Design, develop and execute test plans, test cases, and manual and automated test scripts.
- Analyze, document, and track defects and their resolution.
- Analyze, document, and report quality metrics.
- Make recommendations for improvement of Software QA and SDLC processes and procedures.
- Follow the policies, procedures, and standards of the Information Technology team.
- Other job duties as assigned.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum of two years experience in SQA and/or software engineering roles required, with knowledge of formal software development life cycle methodologies and object oriented systems preferred.
- Understanding of software test strategies, test case design and defect tracking with experience testing business systems with complex business logic required.
- Experience with SQL, .Net, SQL Server and automated test tools (Mercury) preferred.
- In lieu of the above requirements and preferences, three years of expert level PetWare experience required with Banfield Office Manager or Veterinary Assistant/Technician preferred.
- Experience in human or pet healthcare industries is preferred.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color,
Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Wellness Plan Relations Coordinator
Naturally empathetic, Blanche uses her customer service and telephone skills to assist Banfield clients, educating them about wellness plan benefits, and helping them make the best choices for their pets.
Back to top