Executive Assistant to the President
The primary purpose and function of the Executive Assistant is to provide proactive, responsive and efficient executive-level administrative and project support to the President, enhancing the effectiveness of the President's time and efforts. The position carries the responsibility of prioritizing a high volume of demands placed on the President and requires a broad range of skills including the ability to exercise judgement, initiative, discretion and independence while striving under a significant amount of ambiguity and change. The Executive Assistant represents the President, organization and staff, acting as a liaison between them, along with the leaders and associates of the Veterinary Health Group Businesses (Banfield, Blue Pearl, Pet Partners) and Mars, often working by proxy.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Consistently deliver attention to detail, strong follow through and a timely response.
- Provide proactive and intentional management of the President's calendar, prioritizing, juggling and resolving issues to ensure availability and readiness for activities, meetings, events, etc., often planning a year in advance for key events.
- Coordinate all travel arrangements with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation, submission and tracking of expense reports, including the approval of senior leadership expense reports.
- Represent the President by acting as a liaison with senior leadership, Mars, strategic partners, associates, the media and public, greeting and directing visitors to appropriate area, scheduling visit related agendas and overall visit coordination.
- Proven ability to influence without authority.
- Use polished communication and strong interpersonal skills, business savvy and good judgement to make routine decisions on behalf of President, easily addressing gaps in communication and in the coordination of the leadership team.
- Proactively advance own technical skills in order to address technology challenges independently and ensure outstanding meeting experiences.
- Schedule conferences, meetings, video conferences/Skype for Business calls, room set up, catering, technology and agendas.
- Collect, evaluate, assemble and coordinate the preparation and distribution of various reports, documentation, executive summaries and presentations.
- Collaborate and work well with administrative team, contributing solution-oriented suggestions to help ensure administrative processes are most efficient and effective.
- Provide cross-training, support and onboarding of new administrative associates along with back up for others when needed.
- Coordinate the inventory and ordering of office supplies, placement of purchase orders and accounts payable requests, perform budget reviews, entry of paid-time off requests, etc.
- Work with the Corporate Affairs team to support large-scale events, organizing dinners and other activities, coordinating communication efforts, coffee chats, etc. on behalf of the President.
- Other job duties as assigned.
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS
- Must be able to travel occasionally for business and work evenings and/or weekends if necessary.
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume/deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND/OR TRAINING
- Bachelor's degree required, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum seven years of relevant professional experience supporting a senior leader or CEO in a fast paced and dynamic work environment required.
- Ability to stay current with new and evolving technology, educating leaders on new tools and systems, required.
- Prior experience handling conflicting perspectives and ability to have crucial conversations which come to resolution, required; collaborative and relationship-building skills preferred.
- Quick learner who can pick up and understand an organization's objectives, priorities, and associates, culture, while seeing the big picture and thinking strategically preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital strongly supports and values the uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every Banfield location.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top