Executive Administrative Assistant - Legal
Summary of Job Purpose andFunction
The primary purpose and function of the Executive Administrative Assistant is to provide senior level administrative support to Senior Leaders and other management. This position requires superior attention to detail with proficient written and verbal communication skills, strong inter-personal skills, efficient organizational skills, solid computer skills, and the ability to work independently and in a professional manner.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Ensure confidentiality of all sensitive and proprietary information. Prepare confidential reports, communications, presentations, organizational charts and other documents.
- Maintain Outlook calendars for supervisors, schedule appointments, meetings and conference calls, coordinating long-range calendar for team and ensuring specific issues are scheduled for follow-up.
- Review and route incoming mail, responding as appropriate.
- Take messages and return phone calls, as appropriate.
- Greet visitors and direct to appropriate area or person.
- Coordinate and secure travel arrangements.
- Represent supported leadership in a positive, supportive, professional manner to associates, management, vendors, visitors and strategic partners, acting as a liaison between leadership and other teams and individuals.
- Provide basic project management and coordination - develop and maintain various spreadsheets and/or databases, independently determining the organization of data and desired results while providing analysis in a detailed and in-depth manner for special projects. Coordinate team projects and drive to successful completion, as needed.
- Manage PTO (paid time off) reports, eTime, DayForce and iProcurement invoicing for Executives and their direct reports, updating timekeeping records for assigned team as necessary.
- Prepare, submit, and track expense reports for Executives, maintain budgets, and review reports for Executives' direct reports, noting any discrepancies.
- Support manager with talent review process, recruiting, interviewing and onboarding.
- Arrange and support events and meetings, managing attendee and rooming lists, catering, event designs and reservations, preparing agendas, onsite set up of facilities and meeting minutes, other necessary coordination.
- Order supplies, business tools such as laptops, printers, iPhone, etc., maintain inventory levels, and schedule equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for routine decisions on behalf of the Executive, communicating outcomes via memo or e-mail to encompass fiscal, task assignment, branding, communications, work flow, etc.
- Collaborate with, provide cross training, and back-up to other Executive Assistants as needed.
- Support the camaraderie, team building and engagement efforts of the Administrative Team as a whole.
- Some clerical duties such as photocopies, scanning, etc. and other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job. Occasional travel or evening events may be necessary.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/orTraining
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimum five years administrative experience preferred with two years supporting at the executive level required, superior attention to detail with strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings.
- Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management, with international travel arrangement experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- skills with ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Experience successfully creating and/or modifying processes preferred.
- Support experience in medical services or health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.) preferred.
WEARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age,Color,
Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top