The Network Engineer will support, maintain, and enhance stability and functionality across Banfield's local and wide area networks based on the Practice's business needs and objectives.
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Ensure high efficiency and availability of network infrastructure, supporting Banfield's remote hospitals and team members at Banfield's corporate headquarters.
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution, working as a member of a cross-functional team on critical issues.
- Deploy, support, maintain, and monitor networking infrastructure devices.
- Document network infrastructure.
- Provide tactical input on overall system operations-including WAN, wired LAN, wireless LAN, load-sharing and security devices.
- Evaluate and make suggestions on procedures or process improvements to create further efficiency.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Education & Professional Qualification
- Preferred Type of Degree: Bachelor's
- Field of Study: Computer Science or the equivalent combination of education, industry certification and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities required.
- Knowledge/Experience Years of Experience
- Required: 5
- In what area: IT experience
- Required At least 3 years specializing in Networking
- Required Proficient in Wide Area Network technologies, specifically T1 circuits and MPLS, and a familiarity with SD-WAN technology and concepts
- Preferred Proficiency in configuring, troubleshooting, and designing IPv4 routing protocols, including isolated EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP instances
- Preferred Proficiency with LAN switching concepts and protocols: hands-on experience required with Spanning-Tree and Trunking protocols to safeguard traffic between network components and virtual hosts
- Preferred Experience preferred with IEEE 802.11 wireless protocols and infrastructure, working knowledge of Cisco Wireless LAN controllers, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and Cisco ISE
- Preferred Experience with traditional port-based firewalls and next-gen application firewalls, particularly Cisco and Palo Alto
- Preferred Experience in building traditional site-to-site IPSec VPNs in addition to remote access technologies
- Preferred Experience with secure load balancing technology, F5 preferred. Understanding of SSH, SSL, PKI, IPSec and other security protocols.
- Preferred Experience in network monitor platforms, SNMP monitoring and administration, particularly SolarWinds and TruView
- Preferred Experience preferred in scripting, particularly PowerShell and Python Preferred Health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.)
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate. Environment where pets are present.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Back to top