The Network Engineer will support, maintain, and enhance stability and functionality across Banfield's local and wide area networks based on the Practice's business needs and objectives.
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Ensure high efficiency and availability of network infrastructure, supporting Banfield's remote hospitals and team members at Banfield's corporate headquarters.
- Perform troubleshooting and problem resolution, working as a member of a cross-functional team on critical issues.
- Deploy, support, maintain, and monitor networking infrastructure devices.
- Document network infrastructure.
- Provide tactical input on overall system operations-including WAN, wired LAN, wireless LAN, load-sharing and security devices.
- Evaluate and make suggestions on procedures or process improvements to create further efficiency.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Education & Professional Qualification
- Preferred Type of Degree: Bachelor's
- Field of Study: Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge/Experience Years of Experience
- Required: 5
- In what area: IT experience
- Required At least 3 years specializing in Networking
- Required Proficient in Wide Area Network technologies, specifically T1 circuits and MPLS, and a familiarity with SD-WAN technology and concepts
- Preferred Proficiency in configuring, troubleshooting, and designing IPv4 routing protocols, including isolated EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP instances
- Preferred Proficiency with LAN switching concepts and protocols: hands-on experience required with Spanning-Tree and Trunking protocols to safeguard traffic between network components and virtual hosts
- Preferred Experience preferred with IEEE 802.11 wireless protocols and infrastructure, working knowledge of Cisco Wireless LAN controllers, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, and Cisco ISE
- Preferred Experience with traditional port-based firewalls and next-gen application firewalls, particularly Cisco and Palo Alto
- Preferred Experience in building traditional site-to-site IPSec VPNs in addition to remote access technologies
- Preferred Experience with secure load balancing technology, F5 preferred. Understanding of SSH, SSL, PKI, IPSec and other security protocols.
- Preferred Experience in network monitor platforms, SNMP monitoring and administration, particularly SolarWinds and TruView
- Preferred Experience preferred in scripting, particularly PowerShell and Python Preferred Health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.)
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate. Environment where pets are present.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Wellness Plan Relations Coordinator
Naturally empathetic, Blanche uses her customer service and telephone skills to assist Banfield clients, educating them about wellness plan benefits, and helping them make the best choices for their pets.
Back to top