Director - IT Security
The primary purpose and function of the Director IT Security is to create and oversee security programs and efforts across the company encompassing over 1,000 locations and provide executive level representation to ensure security interests are represented, championed, and prioritized in alignment with business needs and risk management. This position will work in conjunction with the Mars security team.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Provide executive level influence (internal/external) to ensure security interests are represented, championed, and prioritized in alignment with business needs and risk management.
- Lead the design and operation of related compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure agreement both with internal security policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Evaluate and recommend risk management, protocols and strategies around industry best practices, ensuring the protection of the practice.
- Direct the preparation and authorization of implementation of necessary information security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines, in conjunction with the business.
- Work closely in a confidential manner with Legal on security related litigation and legal hold cases.
- Proactively collaborate with IT and business units regarding major systems and application changes, helping to ensure that information security standards and issues are addressed early in a project's life and incorporated into the resulting program.
- Ensure PCI Compliance oversight with Banfield Information Security policies, standards and architecture.
- Evangelize and promote security awareness through suitable information security training and educational activities.
- Lead or participate in initiatives assuring security best practices around software development and deployment.
- Manage information security risk assessments and controls selection activities.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/or Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or Technology field preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Ten years experience in Information Technology with a minimum of five years in an IT Security related role required.
- Supervisory experience leading highly skilled, senior level technical resources required.
- Multi-unit high transaction payment environment required.
- PCI Compliance required with CISSP preferred.
- Software development and deployment preferred.
- Multiple functional roles within IT preferred.
- Microsoft environment preferred.
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital® is committed to a diverse work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our mission to provide equal employment opportunities to all candidates and to ensure that access to jobs is strictly based on job-related criteria.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Back to top