Director, Financial Planning and Reporting
Theprimary purpose and function of the Director of Financial Planning &Reporting is to support the President, CFO and Controllerof Veterinary Health Group (VHG) with relevant and timely financial informationto support key decisions, track performance of the business and shape thefuture. This role will be responsiblefor the operating plan process, including proposing targets for business unitsto the CFO, aligning the units to the financial shape targets and ensuringsubmission that is in line with expectations. The Director will manage financial reporting for VHG and ensure anefficient and effective period close reporting process that delivers accurateinformation.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within selfand team.
- Lead the Financial Shaping Process and target setting for VHGwhich includes partnership with management across VHG business units.
- Ensure financial plans are fully aligned to the strategicdirection and aspirations of the business.
- Prepare insightful and informative presentation material on theoperating plan to the President, CFO and Global Petcare.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in processes andsystems.
- Create and present financial analysis necessary to measure thefinancial results and guide future business decisions (i.e., periodic andquarterly financial packages to track trends and performance of our keyperformance indicators).
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and unfavorable trendsearly to enable immediate corrective action.
- Workwith others to provide the best customer service to associates, clients, andmatrix partners.
- Develop operating planning tools for the entire Veterinary HealthGroup business segment.
- Workwith other finance associates across VHG to improve overall level of Financial Planningand Analysis.
- Partnerwith leaders to develop, implement and maintain the highest quality and mostefficient systems to ensure strong internal controls, appropriate financialreporting and leverage human resources.
- Leadand sponsor projects related to Financial Planning & Analysis and otherareas as opportunities within VHG arise.
- Developeffective communication with other units within VHG (i.e., BluePearl, PetPartners, Banfield).
- Ensure thetimely and accurate preparation of all Mars reporting based on period,quarterly, and annual requirements.
- Other job duties asassigned.
Special Working Conditions
- Abilityto work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Projecttimelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours perweek to complete essential duties of this job.
- Musthave mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and languageability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform theduties proficiently.
- Ability to carry outinstructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problemsinvolving several variables.
- Ability to stand,walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move)up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eyecoordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visualacuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- Thenoise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment wherepets are present.
Education, Experience, and Training
- Bachelor'sdegree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred, or the equivalentcombination of education, training and experience that provides the requiredknowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Tenyears of relevant experience in a combination of finance, accounting, and planningand analysis.
- Understandingof finance functions and their impact to the rest of the business required withexperience interacting with and presenting to senior leadership preferred.
- Priorexperience with finance process development required with financial andbusiness performance reporting preferred.
- Prefer health carebackground (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital strongly supports and values theuniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversityis embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status asa qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complies withall applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination inemployment in every Banfield location.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top