Director, Asset Protection
- To serve as a leader on the S&F team by identifying areas of risk exposure to the practice within hospitals and at CTS.
- To monitor and enhance internal controls in both manual and automated processes and procedures practice-wide.
- To act as a custodian and co-pilot to the business in all areas related to loss prevention, worker's compensation and insurance.
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Coach, mentor, and supervise team leads for loss prevention, worker's compensation and insurance, as well as effectively managing the CTS security officer group.
- Counsel, coach, and mentor associates; developing strong functioning teams, monitoring workloads and coverage during absences, ensuring work life balance of all associates.
- Manage a team of field-based specialists responsible for educating our hospital and field leaders in loss awareness, creating a solid culture of loss prevention, including a strong focus on distance leadership, building effective collaboration and driving Regulatory Compliance and Wellbeing.
- Identify opportunities for enhancements in process and cost efficiencies.at Banfield and provide support to other segments within the VHG group.
- Recognize areas of risk exposure due to existing systems, working with IT and other teams to eliminate or minimize such risks including but not limited to PetWare (POS), Wellness Plan Accounting, Oracle and DayForce.
- Foster a strong partnership culture with field leadership and CTS teams to improve proactive loss and personal injury prevention behaviors, developing necessary system and process changes and obtaining involvement in suspected loss investigations when applicable.
- Develop loss and personal injury prevention related communications and educational materials to improve hospital operation execution and minimize risk of loss or personal injury via Practice Insider articles, hospital and field communications content, MyLearning modules, field leadership presentations.
- Direct a comprehensive workplace violence strategy in partnership with key stakeholders to mitigate risk to associate safety and security, including policy enhancement, communication and training development, and emergency management and recovery protocols.
- Responsible for CTS and hospital location physical security, including strategies for utilization of security equipment, development of guidelines and protocols related to associate responsibilities, and management of third-party security officers.
- Manage the loss prevention case investigation process by assigning specialists effectively, increasing field awareness of the team's function, investigating and resolving suspected loss cases, and managing expectations for recovery and accountability of those losses.
- Generate audit summary and progress reports related to loss and recovery practice-wide, providing accurate financial and statistical information and reporting.
- Oversee the loss prevention related auditing of PetWare POS activity (refunds, voids, discounts, adjustments, associate invoicing), daily sales audit and banking account discrepancies related to that activity.
- Create and administer a comprehensive, practice-wide review/audit process and reporting system.
- Communicate effectively with all associates and executives in the practice, including field leadership and hospital associates.
- Partner cross-functionally with teams both in and outside of S&F to resolve issues and improve business processes.
- Develop, direct and execute practice priorities pertaining to loss prevention and sales audit.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Context and Scope
- Develop and lead the Asset Protection team responsible for loss prevention-related processes and policy enhancements, suspected loss case investigations, and relative audit programs.
- Provide leadership to the Worker's Compensation and General/Professional Liability Insurance teams to effectively manage claims and issues procedures, providing oversight to third-party vendor relationships and processes.
- Education & Professional Qualification
- Preferred Type of Degree: Bachelor's
- Field of Study: Business, Accounting, or Finance
- Preferred: Wicklander/Zulawski or Reid Interview and Interrogation Certified
- Years of Experience Required: 10 In what area: Audit, Loss Prevention, Risk Management, and other transferable skills
- Required Four years managing a team of loss prevention specialists
- Preferred Multi-unit loss prevention experience
- Preferred Health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides
the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
WE ARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age, Color, Race, Religion, Sex, Disability,
Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Back to top