Summary of Job Purpose andFunction
The primary purpose and function of the Developer Oracle is to gather business requirements, design solutions, and implement the solution in production. This position will also provide customer and product support, working on multiple modules of Oracle e-Business suite that support financial, human resources, purchasing and other business activities. This is an individual contributor position with no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within self and team.
- Collaborate with business owners to define business requirements of Oracle e-Business Suite.
- Provide user requirements analysis, systems analysis, design, and programming support for Oracle ERP E-Business Suite applications and enhancement.
- Develop and install custom reports, forms and programs.
- Code, test, document, problem solve, and advise users on system use.
- Participate on project teams for system/database/application implementations, extensions, maintenance and upgrades.
- Design/develop and implement interfaces, reports and extensions between the Oracle e-Business Suite and other Banfield® applications.
- Create/maintain system/application documentation (requirements, processes and procedures).
- Provide on-call support to business teams.
- Assist, mentor and train other team members.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Special Working Conditions
- Ability to work at a computer for long periods of time.
- Project timelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours per week to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must have mental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability (reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the duties proficiently.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and to solve problems involving several variables.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, and climb as well as manipulate (lift, carry, move) up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate necessary equipment.
- The noise level in the work environment is normally moderate.
- Environment where pets are present.
Experience, Education and/orTraining
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is required.
- Minimum four years experience with some of the following Oracle tools required: Oracle e-Business suite applications, Oracle databases, PL/SQL, Oracle Reports, Oracle Workflow, Web ADI, and XML Publisher.
- Experience working with end users to understand business problems and provide solutions.
- Strong desire, commitment, and demonstrated ability to learn new modules required.
- Experience with Oracle e-Business suite applications is preferred (Oracle Financials, Oracle HCM, Oracle Advanced Benefits, Oracle Purchasing).
- Prefer health care background (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
WEARE A DRUG-FREE, SMOKE-FREE, EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Company Policy, Federal and State Laws Forbid Discrimination Because of Age,Color,
Race, Religion, Sex, Disability, Sexual Orientation or National Origin.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top