Associate Specialist, Hospital Maintenance
The primary purpose and function of the Associate Specialist, Hospital Maintenance is to ensure hospital facilities in their region are maintained in good condition and working order by identifying, managing and performing facility and medical equipment repairs and preventive maintenance. Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Live and exemplify the Five Principles of Mars, Inc. within selfand team.
- Identify, manage, perform, measure. schedule and track facilityrepairs and preventive maintenance tasks in accordance to practice standards,including but not limited to:
- Painting and cove baseinstallation
- Cabinetry and laminate repairs
- Drywall and ceiling repairs
- Basic plumbing and electricalrepairs
- Lighting maintenance andrepairs
- Flooring maintenance andrepairs
- Manage assigned in-house maintenance and repair work orders,schedule the work, communicate timelines to hospitals and FacilitiesCoordinators and complete the work.
- Manage all facets of ceramic tile floor care regional maintenanceprogram.
- Source, select, hire and manage painting contractors to completeall paints within region in accordance to practice standards.
- Perform medical equipment preventive maintenance work on variousequipment. Report on-repairable damage to Facility Coordinators.
- Inspect, document, and report facility damages, repairs,structural conditions, and construction plan variances.
- Regularly provide clear and concise communication of repairs,projects and service work updates and deliverables to managers and fieldleaders.
- Purchase and keep inventory of all needed hospital maintenancematerials.
- Coordinate travel arrangements within Banfield guidelines andbudget to meet job deadlines.
- Other job duties asassigned.
Special Working Conditions
- Must haveclean driving record and agree to annual MVR reports.
- Ability totravel for extended periods of time (1-4 weeks) with little or no priornotice. Travel is approximately 50% of atypical schedule.
- Ability towork and complete tasks autonomously with little or no supervision for extendedperiods.
- Ability towork varying shifts including but not limited to graveyard
- Ability tobend, lift, stoop, sit, stand, kneel, crawl, and climb ladders for extendedperiods of time.
- Ability tolift and carry weight up to 75 lbs.
- Projecttimelines and work volume / deadlines may often require more than 40 hours perweek to complete essential duties of this job.
- Must havemental processes for reasoning, remembering, mathematics and language ability(reading, writing, and speaking the English language) to perform the dutiesproficiently.
- The noiselevel in the work environment is normally high due to pets.
- Environment where pets arepresent.
Experience, Education and/orTraining
- Bachelor'sdegree in Construction or Facilities Management preferred, or the equivalentcombination of education, training and experience that provides the requiredknowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Minimumthree years construction or maintenance experience with knowledge ofconstruction terms and blueprints required.
- Workingknowledge and/or experience with the following required:
- Skilled use of building construction power tools.
- Electrical,plumbing, drywall repair, paint, cabinetry, laminate, VCT and ceramic flooringinstallation and repair and general building construction.
- Troubleshooting electrical, plumbing, casework, and general building construction.
- Experiencewith Cat 5 Cabling experience is preferred.
- Prefer health carebackground (veterinary or human healthcare, pharmaceutical, etc.).
Banfield Pet Hospital strongly supports and values theuniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where diversityis embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal opportunity employer. Allqualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regardto race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genderidentity, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or status asa qualified individual with disability. Banfield Pet Hospital complieswith all applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscriminationin employment in every Banfield location.
Meet Some of Banfield Pet Hospital's Employees
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner
Andrew marshals all his wit and resources to find new ways to attract and retain, the best veterinary talent for Banfield, strategizing with executives, conducting interviews, and influencing hiring decisions.
Back to top